Wednesday, June 16, 2010

First Race

Sorry for taking so long to update the blog on my race, anyway here is my race report:

The race today went well considering the conditions, I started on the back row (out of 50-60 riders) and was in the top 10-15 by the start of the climb. It had started to rain in the morning which wasn't good but I decided it wouldn't be so bad, turns out I was wrong. It was crazy slippery, and the courses here are really steep and the mud is not at all the same as anywhere in Australia that I've ridden. As the race went on the rain came down harder, but by then I had already spent more time on the ground than I really wanted to, luckily in the slippery mud crashing doesn't hurt a whole lot because I went down probably 20 times in the 5 laps! Ended up with a rasberry on my hip and some cuts on my shin, and my knee is still sore I think from bending it the wrong way while slipping/tripping down one of the hills!

Anyway, had a lot of fun racing apart from not staying on the bike, finished 35th, kind of hoping for another muddy race next weekend so that I can get better at riding this stuff!

Have to go riding now, will get some photos up when I get back.

Thanks again for all the support everyone!

2 comments:

  1. onn ya ryan! 35th isnt that bad
    ps abby says how embarrassing

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait for my new dp.. its coming

    ReplyDelete